Frequently Asked Questions
- Is scripts.mit.edu appropriate for my site?
- Can my group use scripts.mit.edu or sql.mit.edu with our Athena locker?
- How do I debug my scripts?
- What are the names of the various scripts.mit.edu servers?
- How can I sign up for Scripts if my locker is not publicly listable?
- Can my scripts write data somewhere?
- Who is a locker administrator?
- What does "You cannot administer the locker!" mean?
- Can I ssh to scripts.mit.edu to test my scripts?
- Why does reading files cause 'permission denied' errors on scripts.mit.edu?
- Why isn't the 'add' command working?
- Do you enforce any resource limits?
- Can my scripts access the network?
- Can my scripts send zephyrs?
- How do I make a file accessible to Apache? (I'm getting a 403 Forbidden error)
Languages and Libraries
- What language should I write my program in?
- Is language "foo" or software package "bar" installed?
- How can I install Python modules in my locker?
- How do I make IPython or manage.py shell work on scripts.mit.edu?
- How do I enable additional PHP extensions?
- Why does my PEAR channel say it does "not have REST dependency information available"
- How can I install Ruby gems in my locker?
- Does scripts.mit.edu support Ruby on Rails?
- Does scripts.mit.edu support Jifty?
- How do I use ASP.Net Applications on Scripts?
- Is Java supported?
Web Script Service
- I'm seeing: "It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings."
- How can I set a custom error page on Scripts?
- How can I reliably send email from Scripts?
- What are scripts.mit.edu security updates?
- How do I redirect visitors from my web.mit.edu or www.mit.edu URL to my scripts.mit.edu website?
- Can I set up my scripts site to forward/redirect to another website?
- How do I redirect all visitors to my site to a certificate-protected page?
- How do I move a scripts.mit.edu site from one locker to another?
- How do I access the Authorization headers from a FastCGI?
- Does scripts.mit.edu publish information about who runs which websites?
- Can my group obtain a shorter URL?
- Can I add a vhost before I point my domain at scripts?
- Can I limit access to my scripts and/or other content using passwords?
- Can I authenticate people using MIT personal certificates?
- Do my scripts need to be world-readable?
- How do I enable FastCGI?
- Are .htaccess.mit files supported?
- Why isn't my symlink working?
- Can I use scripts.mit.edu to generate an Apache-style log file for my web.mit.edu site?
- What file extensions are served directly to the web using my scripts.mit.edu account?
- May I include that stylish "powered by scripts" image on my website?
- Why shouldn't I use scripts.mit.edu/~locker URLs?
- How do I authenticate users with certificates?
- Can I grant permissions to users based on moira lists?
- How do I enable file uploads to my MediaWiki?
- How do I reset my password for MediaWiki?
- How do I move my MediaWiki to a new locker?
- How do I enable math support in my MediaWiki wiki?
- How can I signup my personal or group locker for the MySQL service?
- How can I access my MySQL databases?
- What is .my.cnf? What is my sql.mit.edu password?
- How can I backup and restore MySQL data?
- How can I make Dreamweaver work with my MySQL databases?
Mail Script Service
- Can I serve Subversion or Git repositories on scripts.mit.edu?
- How can I avoid typing my password repeatedly when using git with the smart HTTP transport?
These pages may be reused under either the GFDL 1.2 or CC-BY-SA 3.0.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are currently connected to cats-whiskers.mit.edu.