Thought I’d try posting directly from the iPhone for the fun of it. I can see this being useful if I actually did interesting things with my life. As it stands, however, I’m currently sitting in Newtowne park in the square, and here’s what’s going on at the moment:
In ten easy steps:
- Purchase an ‘R’ rated movie from the iTunes music store.
- Pause movie during particularly noisy sex scene, preferably one involving farm animals.
- Turn off phone.
- Go to important meeting with your entire staff, including boss.
- Turn off ringer using mute switch and put phone to sleep.
- Think you’re safe.
- Innocently pull out headphones from jack, momentarily shorting out badly designed mechanism in jack used to sense the remote play switch.
- Remain blissfully unaware that you’ve just set a chain reaction in motion which will destroy your career.
- Sit in stunned horror a few seconds later as sounds of impure love eminate loudly from your shirtpocket in the middle of your boss’ presentation, despite the silent switch being on.
- Run back to office in tears to polish up resume.
- (Optional.) Write Steve Jobs an angry letter about how good design includes more than just polished metal.