Conferences in Arithmetic Geometry
This is a list of upcoming conferences in arithmetic geometry (broadly construed); please help me keep this current. (To prevent spam, one cannot autogenerate login accounts on the wiki; email me with a proposed username to receive a password.) An ideal complete entry includes a conference title, location, dates, and a web site, but incomplete entries (including responsibly sourced rumors!) can also be useful. I sort events primarily by start date, secondarily by end date; the date "January" comes between December 31 and January 1. Past conferences are periodically swept onto the separate list of past conferences.
Here are some other conference lists, with overlapping but distinct areas of focus. (I admit to swiping listings from all of these sources; the converse is encouraged!)
- Number Theory Web conferences page: more number theory, less algebraic geometry.
- Ravi Vakil's conference page: more algebraic geometry, less number theory.
- Sarah Whitehouse's conference page: topology. See also AlgTop-Conf and the Topology Atlas.
- Sage wiki: Sage computer algebra development conferences (on various themes).
- IACR: cryptology.
- AMS Mathematics Calendar: general.
As in the previous lists, I have separated off long programs (two months or longer).
- Number theory, from Arithmetic statistics to Zeta elements, fall 2014-spring 2015, CRM, Montréal
- Thematic Program on Algebraic Geometry, April 1-June 30, IMPA, Rio de Janeiro
- Computational aspects of the Langlands program, September 9-December 4, ICERM, Providence
And now for the regular conference list.
- Explicit Methods in Number Theory, July 5-11, Oberwolfach
- Journées Arithmétiques, July 6-10, Debrecen
- Graduate student BOOTCAMP for the 2015 Algebraic Geometry Summer Research Institute, July 6-10, Univ. of Utah
- 2015 AMS Algebraic Geometry Summer Research Institute, July 12-31, Univ. of Utah
- Iwasawa 2015, July 13-17, King's College, London
- Lluís Santaló Summer School 2015,"Number theory and arithmetic geometry", July 13-17, Santander
- French-German Summer School: Galois Theory and Number Theory, July 18-24, Konstanz
- Pan Asian Number Theory, July 20-24, Tsinghua U.
- Computational representation theory in number theory (LMFDB workshop), July 27-31, Oregon State U., Corvallis
- Third Bucharest Number Theory Day, August 3, Bucharest
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, August 3-7, KAIST, Taejeon
- Students' Workshop on Tropical and Non-Archimedean Geometry, August 3-7, Regensburg
- Silvermania, August 11-15, Brown
- Illinois Number Theory Conference, August 13-14, Champaign-Urbana
- Lifting problems and Galois theory, August 16-21, BIRS, Banff
- Arithmetic of Euler Systems, August 22-30, Benasque
- Reductions of Shimura Varieties, August 23-29, Oberwolfach
- Non-archimedean analytic geometry: theory and practice, August 24-28, Papeete
- Mathematics of Cryptography, August 31-September 3, UC Irvine
- Computational Aspects of Algebraic Geometry, Automorphic Forms, and Number Theory, August 31-September 4, Tsinghua U.
- Summer school 2015: On perfectoid spaces, August 31-September 5, Bressanone (Brixen)
- Sage Days: Women in Sage, September 4-8, San Diego
- Analytic Number Theory and Diophantine Geometry, September 7-11, Hannover
- Boston University/Keio University Workshop, September 8-12, Boston U.
- AGNUBC: BC-Northeastern Algebraic Geometry Conference, September 12, Northeastern U., Boston
- PAlmetto Number Theory Series XXIV, September 12-13, Emory U., Atlanta
- The use of linear algebraic groups in geometry and number theory, September 13-18, BIRS, Banff
- D-modules and singularities, September 14-16, Padova
- p-adic Hodge theory and Iwasawa theory, September 14-18, Bielefeld
- LMS-CMI Summer School on Diophantine Equations, September 15-19, Hay-on-Wye, Wales
- Algebraic geometry (Arthur Ogus 70th), September 23-25, IHES, Bures-sur-Yvette
- ECC (Elliptic Curve Cryptography), September 23-25 (summer school), September 28-30 (workshop), Bordeaux
- Motives and Automorphic Forms, September 28-October 2, Oxford
- Modular forms and curves of low genus: computational aspects, September 28-October 2, ICERM, Providence
- Local-Global Principles and Their Obstructions, October 1-3, U. Penn., Philadelphia
- AGNES, October 2-4, Brown U., Providence
- Maine/Quebec Number Theory Conference, October 3-4, U. Maine, Orono
- The geometry, algebra and analysis of algebraic numbers, October 4-9, BIRS, Banff
- Young Women in Algebraic Geometry, October 5-7, Bonn
- Western Algebraic Geometry Symposium, October 17-18, U. Washington, Seattle
- Explicit methods for modularity of K3 surfaces and other higher weight motives, October 19-23, ICERM, Providence
- AMS Special Session: Recent Advances in Number Theory, October 24-25, CSU Fullerton
- Computational aspects of L-functions, November 9-13, ICERM, Providence
- Moduli Spaces and Arithmetic Geometry (Frans Oort 80th), November 9-13, Lorentz Center, Leiden
- Eisenstein Series on Kac-Moody Groups and Applications to Physics, November 12-20, KIAS, Seoul
- K3 surfaces and related topics, November 16-20, KIAS, Seoul
- Arithmetic Dynamics (RTG workshop), December 3-6, U. Michigan, Ann Arbor
- N^3-days III, December 4-5, Chalmers U., Göteborg, Sweden
- Bay Area Algebraic Number Theory and Arithmetic Geometry Day, December 5, UC Santa Cruz
- PAlmetto Number Theory Series XXV, December 5-6, Clemson U., Clemson
- The IUT theory of Shinichi Mochizuki, December 7-11, Oxford
- Algebraic Geometry, December 10-16, ISI, Bengaluru
- Non-Archimedean Geometry and Applications, December 13-19, Oberwolfach
- West Coast Number Theory Conference, December 15-19, Pacific Grove
As in previous years, I have separated off long programs (two months or longer).
- Complex, p-adic, and logarithmic Hodge theory and their applications, March 6-April 29, Simons Center for Geometry and Physics, Stony Brook
- Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry, July-December 2016, Fields Institute, Toronto
And here is the regular conference list.
- AMS-MAA Joint Meetings: special sessions on Arithmetic Dynamics, Higher Genus Curves, Number Theory and Cryptography, January 6-9, Seattle
- Geometric Methods and Langlands Functoriality in Positive Characteristic, January 11-15, CIRM, Luminy
- Atelier PARI/GP 2016, January 11-15, Institut Fourier, Grenoble
- Indo-French Program for Mathematics, January 11-24, Chennai
- First Joint GAP-Sage Days, January 13-16 (coding sprint), January 18-22 (workshop), St. Andrews
- Complex Algebraic Geometry, January 15-18, UCSD
- Lattices and Applications in Number Theory, January 17-23, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Arithmetic aspects of moduli spaces, January 25-29 (school), February 1-5 (workshop), EPFL, Lausanne
- Algebraic Geometry for Coding Theory and Cryptography, February 22-26, IPAM, Los Angeles
- L-Functions and Automorphic Forms, February 22-26, Heidelberg
- Recent developments in integral p-adic cohomology theories, February 29-March 3, Hausdorff Center, Bonn
- Automorphic Forms Workshop, March 7-10, Wake Forest U., Winston-Salem
- Arizona Winter School: Analytic Methods in Arithmetic Geometry, March 12-16, Tucson
- re:boot Number Theory 2016, March 17-20, Duke
- Sage Days: Explicit p-adic methods in number theory, March 20-24, Oxford
- 2016 British Mathematical Colloquium (number theory special session), March 21-24, Bristol
- L-Functions and Modular Forms Database, March 21-April 1, Bristol
- Dynamics and Graphs over Finite Fields: Algebraic, Number Theoretic and Algorithmic Aspects, March 29-April 2, CIRM, Luminy
- Algebraisation and Geometrisation in the Langlands Program, March 29-April 1, Bristol
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft: The Geometric Langlands Conjecture, April 3-9, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Explicit Methods in Number Theory (John Cremona 60th), April 4-8, Warwick
- AGNES, April 8-10 (tentative), Yale
- Diophantische Approximationen, April 10-16, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Moduli spaces and Modular forms, April 24-30, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Algebraic, Tropical, and Nonarchimedean Analytic Geometry of Moduli Spaces, May 1-6, Oaxaca
- Pacific Northwest Number Theory Conference, May 7-8, Corvallis
- Curves over Finite Fields, May 9-20, Utah Valley U.
- Local and Global Methods in Algebraic Geometry (Lawrence Ein 60th), May 12-15, UIC, Chicago
- The Galois theory of orbits in arithmetic dynamics, May 16-20, AIM, San Jose
- The p-adic Langlands program and related topics, May 16-20, Indiana U., Bloomington
- Introduction to Relative Aspects in Representation Theory, Langlands Functoriality and Automorphic Forms, May 16-20, CIRM, Luminy
- Number theory and physics, May 23-25, IHP, Paris
- Relative Trace Formula, Periods, L-functions and Harmonic Analysis, May 23-27, CIRM, Luminy
- Arakelov theory and automorphic forms (Jürg Kramer 60th), June 6-9, Humboldt U., Berlin
- Cohomology of Arithmetic Groups (Joachim Schwermer 60th), June 6-10, MPIM, Bonn
- Benjamin Peirce Centennial Conference, June 10-12, Harvard
- L-functions and arithmetic (Karl Rubin 60th), June 13-16, Harvard
- Leuca2016 (Michel Waldschmidt 70th), June 13-17, Patù (Lecce), Italy
- Canadian Number Theory Association (CNTA XIV), June 16-18 (graduate summer school), June 20-24 (conference; special session on Richard Guy 100th), U. Calgary
- Algebra and Number Theory, Conference Lyon/Ottawa, June 20-24, Lyon
- New Directions in Iwasawa Theory, June 26-July 1, Banff
- Algebraic K-theory and Motivic Cohomology, June 26-July 2, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Arithmetic and Low Dimensional Hyperbolic Space, June 27-July 1, İstanbul
- Analogies between number field and function field: algebraic and analytic approaches, June 27-July 1, Lyon
- Algebraization theorems: from GAGA to foliations over number fields, July 4-8, Tatihou Island, France
- EAUMP-ICTP School in Number Theory, July 4-22, Kigali, Rwanda
- IUT summit, July 18-27, RIMS, Kyoto
- Whittaker Functions: Number Theory, Geometry and Physics, July 24-29, Banff
- Lattices and applications to cryptography and coding theory, August 1-12, Ho Chi Minh City
- Arithmetic Geometry, August 7-13, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Galois Representations and Automorphic Forms, August 14-20, Banach Center, Będlewo
- Motives and complex multiplication, August 15-19, Monte Verità, Switzerland.
- Mathematical Structures for Cryptography, August 22-26, Lorentz Center, Leiden
- Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium (ANTS XII), August 29-September 2, Kaiserslautern
- Higher dimensional algebraic geometry and characteristic p, September 12-16, CIRM, Luminy
- Differential forms in algebraic geometry, September 19-23, Freiburg
- Women in Numbers Europe-2, September 25-October 2, Şirince
- Rational Points and Algebraic Geometry, September 26-30, CIRM, Luminy
- Definability and Decidability Problems in Number Theory, October 23-29, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Analytic Number Theory, November 6-12, MFO, Oberwolfach
As in previous years, I have separated off long programs (two months or longer).
- Analytic number theory, January 17-May 26, MSRI, Berkeley
And now, the regular conference list.
- Connections for Women: Analytic Number Theory, February 2-3, MSRI, Berkeley
- Introductory Workshop: Analytic Number Theory, February 6-10, MSRI, Berkeley
- Arizona Winter School, March 11-15 (projected), Tucson
- p-adic analytic geometry and differential equations (link broken), March 27-31, CIRM, Luminy
- Hodge theory, Stokes phenomenon, and applications (link broken), April 10-14, CIRM, Luminy
- Topical Workshop on Analytic Number Theory, May 1-5, MSRI, Berkeley
- Arithmetic Aspects of Explicit Moduli Problems, May 28-June 2, BIRS, Banff
- Arithmetic, Geometry, Cryptography, and Coding Theory (link broken), June 19-23, CIRM, Luminy
- Automorphic Forms and the Langlands Program (summer graduate school; link broken, possibly spurious), July 24-August 7, MSRI, Berkeley
- Women in Numbers 4, August 13-18, BIRS, Banff
- p-adic Cohomology and Arithmetic Applications, October 1-6, BIRS, Banff
As in the previous lists, I plan to separate off long programs (two months or longer). But for now, only this listing.
- International Congress of Mathematicians, August 1-9 (dates updated; satellite conferences expected), Rio de Janeiro
Amazingly, there is already a listing here!
- Journées Arithmétiques, July 1-5, Istanbul