- 2 quart containers of natural yogurt
- 3 tbsp salt
- Mix 1.5 tbsp salt in each yogurt container
- Take a cheese-cloth folded over several time, or a clean cotton towel, place on bowl (I use a cheese-cloth folded to get 12 layers)
- Pour yogurt/salt mix onto cloth
- Tie or otherwise join together the four corners of the cloth, hang overnight, preferably over sink or other container (not in refrigerator)
- Let hang for at least 12 hours. Depending on taste, you may want to let it hang for up to 24 hours.
Note: The whey should come out as a clear yellow-green liquid. If it is white, the cloth should be folded over more, if nothing drips--less. Some say that the whey is very good for making bread...I've never tryed...if you try this, please inform me of the results.
Back to Recipes