hopefully, they'll give us the discount they had last time which will be $15/pair + $8/rand. Otherwise, the pair cost is $21.
The shoes that I have are:
- La Sportiva -- Mythos. Mark Miller (Marked MM)
- La Sportiva -- Mythos. Erica Mikesh (unmarked)
- Evolve. Richard Hatch (marked RH) (gave $40 check)
- 5.10--blue, laceups. Richard Hatch (marked RH)
- La Sportiva -- Yellow laceups. Vladimir Sofiyev (marked VS) (payed $32)
- Scarpa--grey-green. Mark Thomas (Vald took shoes..no money..)
- 5.10 Asym. Yossi Farjoun (marked with some squiggle)
- Boreal--Zen. Rahel Wachs
- Tenaya--Aqua. Greg Love.
- Mad Rock--Yellow laceups. Justin Vandenbroucke
- La Sportiva -- Yellow laceups. Soroosh Yazdani (marked SY)
Shoes sent on April 7th, 2006 via UPS, $16 ($1.5 per pair...). expected delivery, April 13th.
I expect the shipment back to be similar, thus $3/pair for shipping. Prices will be posted once I get the shoes back.
This year (2005) I decided to use Yosemite Bum for the resoling. They have a $15 deal on half-soles which is less than 1/2 the price of the Rubber Room, Richard has used them in the past and was happy with the resole.
The shoes I have are:
- Scarpa (green/gray hightops) Greg Love (cost = $32)
- Boreal (small black with red stripes) Greg Love (Blank Check) (cost = $32)
- Mythos Dave Lubertozzi (Blank Check) (cost = $15)
- 5.10 (large, purple) Boyda email@example.com ($35) (cost = $32)
- Scarpa forces (black) Yossi (cost = $32)
- Choinard Canyons (high tops) Yossi (cost = $32)
- La Sportiva (small, yellow) Sumitra (cost = $15)
- 5.10 (orange) Val Zimmer ($50, for Sumi as well) (cost = $32)
- La Sportiva (medium, red) Victor Yip firstname.lastname@example.org ($37 cash) (cost = $32)
- Boreal (medium, green) Richard Hatch (cost = $15)
- Evolv (medium, black) Richard Hatch ($40 check) (cost = $15)
- Aces (large, yellow) Mike Ray ($20) (cost = $32)
- La Sportiva (medium yellow) Patrice Ayme (cost = $32)
They were sent Thursday Nov 17th.
Charges will be the charge for your own resole plus common charges divided by 13 (the number of pairs)
- Shipping TO Yosemite Bum $12 ($1/pair)
- Shipping FROM Yosemite Bum $12 ($1/pair)
- Resoling Total $348 (See your entry aboue for your price)
average price per person: about $30 (hmmm. seems a little expensive, I will check the specifics.)
I use The Rubber Room for my resoling.
They are located in Bishop, CA and although the shipping adds time and money over your local resoling options, the qulity is superior to anything I've seen around.
I've organaized several group shipments of shoes for the CHAOS hiking club.
Most recently I've sent 11 pairs for repair.
The cost breakdown was
- $16 shipping to the Rubber Room + box
- $440 resoling charge
- $12 shipping back to Berkeley
Total = $468
I was given money from:
- Scott (1 pair): $43 (One rand)
- Anthony (4 pairs):$152 (No rands)
- Matt (1 pair): $57 (Two rands)
- Kelly (1 pair): $38 (No rands)
- Myself (4 pairs) :$178 (Many rands...)
All in all, I think that everybody was happy with the results.
Back to Yossi