From Yossi Farjoun's Homepage
- 2 large eggplants
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise. Pierce skin with a fork in several places
- Place face down on a pan under the broiler for about 30 minutes or until completely soft inside (use a dull knife to check)
- Remove from oven and let cool a little
- With a spoon scoop out the flesh of the eggplant, place in bowl, sprinkle with salt.
- The salt will bring out water from the flesh, drain this water and sprinkle with more salt, repeat 3 times
- Place flesh in food processor with other ingredients, process until smooth.
Back to Recipes