Prerpints available at http://dspace.mit.edu on the Hatsopoulos Microfluids Laboratory Community home page.
- D. Tam, V. von Arnim, G.H. McKinley GH and AEH. "Marangoni convection in droplets on superhydrophobic surfaces." J. Fluid Mech. 624, 101-123, 2009.
- T. A. Lin, AEH and D. I. Ehrlich. "Vertical hydrodynamic focusing in glass microchannels." Biomircrofluidics 3 Article Number: 014101, 2009.
- R. H. Ewoldt RH, AEH and G. H. McKinley. "New measures for characterizing nonlinear viscoelasticity in large amplitude oscillatory shear." J. Rheol. 52 1427-1458, 2008.
- S. Y. Lee, J. W. M. Bush, A. E. Hosoi and E. Lauga. "Crawling beneath the free surface: Water snail locomotion." Phys. Fluids '20 082106, 2008.
- Z. Borden, H. Grandjean, AEH, L. Kondic, and B. S. Tilley. "Instabilities and Taylor dispersion in isothermal binary thin fluid films." Phys. Fluids 20, 102103, 2008.
- R. Trouilloud, T. S. Yu, AEH and E. Lauga. "Soft swimming: Exploiting deformable interfaces for low Reynolds number locomotion." PRL 101 048102, 2008.
- J. Wilkening, J. and AEH. "Shape optimization of a sheet swimming over a thin liquid layer." J. Fluid Mech. 601, 25â€“61, 2008.
- D. Tam D and AEH. "Comment on Optimal Stroke Patterns for Purcell's Three-Link Swimmer - Reply." PRL 100(2) Article Number: 029802, 2008.
- B. P. Cook, A. L. Bertozzi and AEH. "Shock solutions for particle-laden thin films." SIAM J. App. Math, 68(3), 760-783, 2007.
- R. H. Ewoldt, C. Clasen, AEH and G. H. McKinley. "Rheological fingerprinting of gastropod pedal mucus and synthetic complex fluids for biomimicking adhesive locomotion." Soft Matter, 3(5), 634, 2007.
- D. Tam and AEH. "Tam and Hosoi Reply [to a Comment on optimal stroke patterns for Purcellâ€™s three-link swimmer]". PRL, 100(2), Art. No. 029802, 2008. (Also selected to appear in the January 15, 2008, issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research.)
- D. Tam and AEH. "Optimal stroke patterns for Purcell's three-link swimmer." PRL, 98(6), 2007. (Selected as Suggested Reading by PRL.)
- E. Lauga and AEH. "Tuning gastropod locomotion: Modeling the influence of mucus rheology on the cost of crawling." Phys. Fluids, 18(11), 2006.
- T. S. Yu, E. Lauga and AEH. "Experimental investigations of elastic tail propulsion at low Reynolds number." Phys. Fluids, 18(9), 2006.
- J. W. M. Bush, J. M. Aristoff, AEH. "An experimental investigation of the stability of the circular hydraulic jump" J. Fluid Mech. 558 33-52, 2006.
- Brian Chan, N. J. Balmforth and AEH. "Building a better snail: Lubrication and adhesive locomotion." Phys. Fluids, 17, 113101, 2005. (DOI: 10.1063/1.2102927) (Also selected to appear in the December 1, 2005 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research).
- AEH, Dmitriy Kogan, C. E. Devereaux, Andrew J. Bernoff and S. M. Baker, â€œTwo-dimensional self-assembly in diblock copolymers." PRL, 95(3), 037801, 2005. (DOI:10.1103/PhysRevLett.95.037801)
- Junjie Zhou, Andrea Bertozzi, Benjamin Dupuy and AEH. "Theory for shock dynamics in particle-laden thin films." PRL 94(11), 117803, 2005. (DOI:10.1103/PhysRevLett.94.117803)
- Roman Stocker and AEH "Lubrication in a Corner." J. Fluid Mech., 544, 353, 2005. (DOI: 10.1017/S0022112005006725)
- Roman Stocker and AEH "Corner Flow in Free Liquid Films." JEM 50, 2004. (DOI:10.1007/s10665-004-1243-1)
- AEH and L. Mahadevan, "Peeling, healing, and bursting in a lubricated elastic sheet ." PRL 93(13), 137802, 2004. (Also selected to appear in the October 11, 2004 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology and in the October 1, 2004 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research). (DOI:10.1103/PhysRevLett.93.137802)
- J. Leblanc, J. Aristoff, AEH and J. Bush. "Hydraulic jumps with broken symmetry." Phys. Fluids, 16(9), 2004.
- Nhat-Hang P. Duong, AEH, and Troy Shinbrot. "Periodic knolls and valleys: coexistence of solid and liquid states in granular suspensions." PRL, 92(22), 224502, 2004. (DOI:10.1103/PhysRevLett.92.224502)
- J.J. Ashmore, AEH and H.A. Stone, "The effect of surface tension on rimming flows in a partially filled rotating cylinder," J. Fluid Mech. 479, 2003. (DOI:10.1017/S0022112002003312)
- AEH and J.W.M. Bush, "Evaporative instabilities in climbing films," J. Fluid Mech. 442, 2001. (DOI:10.1017/S0022112001005018)
- AEH and L. Mahadevan, "Axial instability of a free-surface front in a partially-filled horizontal rotating cylinder," Phys. Fluids, 11(1), 1999. (DOI:10.1063/1.869905)
- Todd F. Dupont and AEH, "Some reduced dimension models based on numerical methods," Modeling and Computation for Applications in Mathematics, Science and Engineering, Joseph W. Jerome (editor), Oxford University Press, 1998.
- AEH and Todd F. Dupont, "Layer formation in monodispersive suspensions and colloids," J. Fluid Mech., 328, 1996.
Conference Abstracts and Proceedings
- R. H. Ewoldt RH, AEH and G. H. McKinley. "An ontology for large amplitude oscillatory shear flow" 'XVth International Congress on Rheology - The Society of Rheology 80th Annual Meeting, Pts 1 and 2. AIP Conference Prodeedings 1027 1135-1137, 2008.
- R. H. Ewoldt, G. McKinley, E. Lauga and AEH. "Rheology and optimization of adhesive locomotion" Pediatric Pulmonology Pages: 110-111 Supplement: Suppl. 30, 2007.
- B. Chan, S. Ji, C. Koveal and AEH. "Mechanical devices for snail-like locomotion" J. Intelligent Mat. Sys. and Struct. 18(2), 111-116, 2007.
- AEH, B. Chan, E Lauga. "Geometrical and rheological characteristics of optimized gastropod locomotion" Abstracts of papers of the ACS 231 Meeting Abstract: 386-PMSE, 2006.
- R. H. Ewoldt, AEH, G. H. McKinley. "Rheology of mucin films for Molluscan adhesive locomotion: Abstracts of papers of the ACS 231 Meeting Abstract: 387-PMSE, 2006.
- "A Serendipitous Passion: How a Public Service Center fellowship got me hooked on international development." by Amos Winter (Appeared in the MIT Technology Review.)