Job Postings in Arithmetic Geometry
This is a page collecting job listings in arithmetic geometry, especially postings that may not be findable at standard locations like Mathjobs. For listings of special interest to female mathematicians, it is recommended to subscribe to the Women in Numbers mailing list.
Note: I've switched the ordering to list the newest postings first.
- From Jeroen Sijsling (via Christelle Vincent): a PhD position in arithmetic geometry at Ulm. See here.
- From Claus Fieker (via Michael Stoll): a W2 professorship in "Algebra" (see here) and a W3 professorship in "Algorithmic Geometry and Algebra" (see here) at Kaiserslautern.
- From Rachel Newton: a permanent lectureship in applied math/statistics (which could be construed to include cryptography) at Reading (deadline May 21, 2018). See here.
- From Kristin Shaw: a three-year postdoc in algebraic/tropical geometry at University of Oslo. See here.
- From Gergely Harcos (via Christelle Vincent): a two-year postdoc in automorphic forms at the Renyi Institute in Budapest. See here.
- From Vytautas Paskunas: a W1 Junior Professorship (tenure-track) in algebra/number theory at Essen (deadline February 11, 2018). See here (text in German).
- From Francois Charles (via Bjorn Poonen): a two-year postdoc in arithmetic/algebraic geometry at Orsay (deadline January 25, 2018). See here.
- From Martin Olsson: one or more three-year RTG postdocs in number theory/arithmetic geometry at Berkeley. US citizens/permanent residents only. See here.
- From Ali El Kaafarani: a three-year postdoc in number theory/cryptography at Oxford (deadline January 10, 2018). See here.
- From David Harari: two one-year postdoctoral positions at IHES-IHP, potentially connected to the special program "Reinventing rational points" in spring 2019. See here.
- From Ben Green: four three-year Titchmarsh Research Fellowships at Oxford. See here.
- From Laurent Berger: The Excellence Laboratory Milyon offers two postdoctoral positions of two years with no teaching load for the period 2018–2020 (deadline January 10, 2018). See here and here.
- From Sarah Zerbes: several Heilbronn Fellowships in London (KCL, King's) and Bristol.
- The Kavli Institute for the Physics and Mathematics of the Universe (IPMU) is advertising a number of three-year postdocs in Tokyo. See here.
- From Ekin Ozman: a three-year postdoc at Boğaziçi University in Istanbul funded by the research project "Diophantine Equations: A Modular Approach". Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From Pieter Moree (via Rachel Newton): a five-year W2 appointment at the Max Planck Institute in Bonn. See here.
- From Drew Sutherland and Jennifer Balakrishnan: several positions associated with the Simons Collaboration linked to the L-Functions and Modular Forms Database. See Mathjobs postings from Harvard, MIT, Boston University, Dartmouth, and Brown/ICERM.