Food in Greater Boston
This list of eating options in Greater Boston started out as a list I made for a group of out-of-town visitors (the 2004 convention of the National Puzzlers League). Once I setup a wiki for myself, I decided to migrate it to here. I decided to drop directions, address, phone, etc., since you can find these online easily.
- Ali Baba Tandoor (formerly Buzkashi; T Porter; on Mass Ave north of T) Not as fancy as Helmand, but not bad. No license. Cash only, but supposedly that's temporary.
- Helmand (T Lechmere) Not suitable for large parties; they seem not to accept reservations for more than 6 people.
- Boston Beer Works (T Kenmore/Fenway; on Brookline)
- Cambridge Brewing Company (T Kendall; in One Kendall Square, up Broadway)
- John Harvard's Brew House (T Harvard)
- Elephant Walk (T Porter; on Mass Ave north of T)
- Elephant Walk (T Fenway; at Park & Beacon)
- Border Cafe (T Harvard; on Church) Cajun-Mex. Noisy.
- Mary Chung's (T Central; on Mass Ave south of T) Popular with MIT students. Cash only.
- Royal East (T Central/Kendall; on Main St) Good option for 4+ people: ask for a fixed menu (name your price).
- 1369 (T Central; on Mass Ave north of T)
- 1369 (Inman Square; at 1369 Cambridge St)
- Diesel (T Davis) Local fave, even though the wifi is not free. Big Tufts crowd.
- Finale (T Harvard)
- Finale (T Boylston)
- Asmara (T Central; on Mass Ave north of T) Actually Eritrean, but I can't taste the difference.
- Addis Red Sea (T Back Bay; south of T)
- Addis Red Sea (T Porter: on Mass Ave south of T) New location.
- Fasika (T Sullivan Square) Haven't tried this one yet.
- Many options at T Central, especially for lunch buffet.
- Rangoli (T Harvard Ave) Same owners as Tanjore (T Harvard; on Eliot St.) but a bit better executed. One of the better South Indian options in Boston/Cambridge, but that's not saying much; apparently you have to get to the suburbs for the good stuff.
- Tamarind Bay (T Harvard) Innovative menu; some misses, but many hits.
Try the North End, Boston's Italian neighborhood (T Haymarket).
Try Brookline, Boston's answer to Brighton Beach (T Harvard Ave).
- Baraka (T Central; on Pearl south of T) Try the lemonade. Seriously.
- Brown Sugar (T St Paul?; on Comm Ave)
- Brown Sugar (T Kenmore/Fenway; on Jersey)
- Tamarind House (T Porter; on Mass Ave south of T)
- Thai Basil (T Copley?; on Newbury)
- Benjapon's (T Davis; on Elm) Relatively new. Closed Sundays.
- Nud Pob (T BU East; on Comm Ave)
- Pad Thai (T Hynes/ICA; on Boylston west of Mass Ave). I prefer Nud Pob but only slightly.
- Le's (T Harvard; in the Garage) Formerly Pho Pasteur.
- Pho Pasteur (T Chinatown)