Conferences in Arithmetic Geometry
This is a list of upcoming conferences in arithmetic geometry (broadly construed); please help me keep this current. (To prevent spam, one cannot autogenerate login accounts on the wiki; email me with a proposed username to receive a password.) An ideal complete entry includes a conference title, location, dates, and a web site, but incomplete entries (including responsibly sourced rumors!) can also be useful. I sort events primarily by start date, secondarily by end date; the date "January" comes between December 31 and January 1. Past conferences are periodically swept onto the separate list of past conferences.
News (January 2016): Now that the MathMeetings.net project, which provides a more structured approach to tabulating conference data, has gone live, I am planning to wind down the maintenance of this wiki in favor of generating a list dynamically from the MathMeetings database; for a preview, see this RSS feed. My timeline for this is as follows.
- For conferences in 2016, I will continue to update the list as usual. However, instead of directly mailing me conference data, I would prefer that organizers create their own entries on MathMeetings; I will then automatically be notified and can act to update the wiki.
- For conferences in 2017 or later, I will no longer be accepting updates; moreover, I will eliminate the existing entries once they are available in MathMeetings.
- If you create your own entry on MathMeetings, you will receive a link that can be used to edit the posting later. If your conference is posted on MathMeetings but you don't have the link, it is probably because I created the posting myself; in that case, email me for the editing link.
- I may consider retaining this wiki as a "rumors" page for planning purposes; however, I have not yet committed myself to this.
Here are some other conference lists, with overlapping but distinct areas of focus. (I admit to swiping listings from all of these sources; the converse is encouraged!)
- Number Theory Web conferences page: more number theory, less algebraic geometry.
- Ravi Vakil's conference page: more algebraic geometry, less number theory.
- Sarah Whitehouse's conference page: topology. See also AlgTop-Conf and the Topology Atlas.
- Sage wiki: Sage computer algebra development conferences (on various themes).
- IACR: cryptology.
- AMS Mathematics Calendar: general.
As in previous years, I have separated off long programs (two months or longer).
- Complex, p-adic, and logarithmic Hodge theory and their applications, March 6-April 29, Simons Center for Geometry and Physics, Stony Brook
- Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry, July-December 2016, Fields Institute, Toronto
And here is the regular conference list.
- AMS-MAA Joint Meetings: special sessions on Arithmetic Dynamics, Higher Genus Curves, Number Theory and Cryptography, January 6-9, Seattle
- Geometric Methods and Langlands Functoriality in Positive Characteristic, January 11-15, CIRM, Luminy
- Atelier PARI/GP 2016, January 11-15, Institut Fourier, Grenoble
- Indo-French Program for Mathematics, January 11-24, Chennai
- First Joint GAP-Sage Days, January 13-16 (coding sprint), January 18-22 (workshop), St. Andrews
- Complex Algebraic Geometry, January 15-18, UCSD
- Lattices and Applications in Number Theory, January 17-23, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Knowledge representation in mathematical software and databases, January 25-27, St. Andrews
- Hausdorff School: Arithmetic Groups, their Cohomology and Arithmetic Applications, January 25-29, Hausdorff Center, Bonn
- Arithmetic aspects of moduli spaces, January 25-29 (school), February 1-5 (workshop), EPFL, Lausanne
- An introductory Workshop on the Minimal Model Program, February 8-10, Hannover
- Algebraic Geometry for Coding Theory and Cryptography, February 22-26, IPAM, Los Angeles
- L-Functions and Automorphic Forms, February 22-26, Heidelberg
- Recent developments in integral p-adic cohomology theories, February 29-March 3, Hausdorff Center, Bonn
- Automorphic Forms Workshop, March 7-10, Wake Forest U., Winston-Salem
- Arizona Winter School: Analytic Methods in Arithmetic Geometry, March 12-16, Tucson
- re:boot Number Theory 2016, March 17-20, Duke
- Sage Days: Explicit p-adic methods in number theory, March 20-24, Oxford
- 2016 British Mathematical Colloquium (number theory special session), March 21-24, Bristol
- L-Functions and Modular Forms Database, March 21-April 1, Bristol
- Dynamics and Graphs over Finite Fields: Algebraic, Number Theoretic and Algorithmic Aspects, March 29-April 2, CIRM, Luminy
- Algebraisation and Geometrisation in the Langlands Program, March 29-April 1, Bristol
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft: The Geometric Langlands Conjecture, April 3-9, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Explicit Methods in Number Theory (John Cremona 60th), April 4-8, Warwick
- AGNES, April 8-10, Yale
- Diophantische Approximationen, April 10-16, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Moduli spaces and Modular forms, April 24-30, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Algebraic, Tropical, and Nonarchimedean Analytic Geometry of Moduli Spaces, May 1-6, Oaxaca
- Curves over Finite Fields, May 9-20, Utah Valley U.
- Moduli and Automorphic Forms: a Meeting for Women in Mathematics, May 12-14, Humboldt U., Berlin
- Local and Global Methods in Algebraic Geometry (Lawrence Ein 60th), May 12-15, UIC, Chicago
- Pacific Northwest Number Theory Conference, May 14-15, Corvallis
- The Galois theory of orbits in arithmetic dynamics, May 16-20, AIM, San Jose
- The p-adic Langlands program and related topics, May 16-20, Indiana U., Bloomington
- Introduction to Relative Aspects in Representation Theory, Langlands Functoriality and Automorphic Forms, May 16-20, CIRM, Luminy
- Number theory and physics, May 23-25, IHP, Paris
- Relative Trace Formula, Periods, L-functions and Harmonic Analysis, May 23-27, CIRM, Luminy
- Two approaches towards local uniformization and resolution of singularities in characteristic p>0, May 23-27, Institut Mittag-Leffler, Stockholm
- Arakelov theory and automorphic forms (Jürg Kramer 60th), June 6-9, Humboldt U., Berlin
- Cohomology of Arithmetic Groups (Joachim Schwermer 60th), June 6-10, MPIM, Bonn
- Benjamin Peirce Centennial Conference, June 10-12, Harvard
- L-functions and arithmetic (Karl Rubin 60th), June 13-16, Harvard
- Geometry, Algebra, Number Theory, and their Information Technology Applications (Kumar Murty 60th), June 13-16, Fields Inst., Toronto
- Leuca2016 (Michel Waldschmidt 70th), June 13-17, Patù (Lecce), Italy
- Canadian Number Theory Association (CNTA XIV), June 16-18 (graduate summer school), June 20-24 (conference; special session on Richard Guy 100th), U. Calgary
- Algebra and Number Theory, Conference Lyon/Ottawa, June 20-24, Lyon
- New Directions in Iwasawa Theory, June 26-July 1, Banff
- Algebraic K-theory and Motivic Cohomology, June 26-July 2, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Arithmetic and Low Dimensional Hyperbolic Space, June 27-July 1, İstanbul
- Analogies between number field and function field: algebraic and analytic approaches, June 27-July 1, Lyon
- Arithmetic Statistics and the Cohen–Lenstra Heuristics, June 27-July 1, Warwick
- Algebraization theorems: from GAGA to foliations over number fields, July 4-8, Tatihou Island, France
- EAUMP-ICTP School in Number Theory, July 4-22, Kigali, Rwanda
- IUT summit, July 18-27, RIMS, Kyoto
- Whittaker Functions: Number Theory, Geometry and Physics, July 24-29, Banff
- Chip Firing and Tropical Curves (summer graduate workshop), July 25-August 5, MSRI, Berkeley
- Lattices and applications to cryptography and coding theory, August 1-12, Ho Chi Minh City
- Arithmetic Geometry, August 7-13, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Galois Representations and Automorphic Forms, August 14-20, Banach Center, Będlewo
- Motives and complex multiplication, August 15-19, Monte Verità, Switzerland.
- Mathematical Structures for Cryptography, August 22-26, Lorentz Center, Leiden
- Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium (ANTS XII), August 29-September 2, Kaiserslautern
- Higher dimensional algebraic geometry and characteristic p, September 12-16, CIRM, Luminy
- Differential forms in algebraic geometry, September 19-23, Freiburg
- Women in Numbers Europe-2, September 25-October 2, Şirince
- Rational Points and Algebraic Geometry, September 26-30, CIRM, Luminy
- Definability and Decidability Problems in Number Theory, October 23-29, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Analytic Number Theory, November 6-12, MFO, Oberwolfach
Entries are no longer being accepted for long programs (two months or longer) for 2017 or later. Instead, see MathMeetings.
The following list of conferences will be removed once these entries have been migrated into MathMeetings.
- Connections for Women: Analytic Number Theory, February 2-3, MSRI, Berkeley
- Introductory Workshop: Analytic Number Theory, February 6-10, MSRI, Berkeley
- Arizona Winter School, March 11-15 (projected), Tucson
- p-adic analytic geometry and differential equations (link broken), March 27-31, CIRM, Luminy
- Hodge theory, Stokes phenomenon, and applications (link broken), April 10-14, CIRM, Luminy
- O-Minimality and its Applications to Number Theory and Analysis, April 30-May 6, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Topical Workshop on Analytic Number Theory, May 1-5, MSRI, Berkeley
- K-theory in algebraic geometry and number theory, May 15-19, Hausdorff Center, Bonn
- Harmonic analysis and the trace formula, May 22-26, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Arithmetic Aspects of Explicit Moduli Problems, May 28-June 2, BIRS, Banff
- Arithmetic, Geometry, Cryptography, and Coding Theory (link broken), June 19-23, CIRM, Luminy
- Automorphic Forms and the Langlands Program (summer graduate school; link broken, possibly spurious), July 24-August 7, MSRI, Berkeley
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, July 31-August 4, Georgia Tech, Atlanta
- Women in Numbers 4, August 13-18, BIRS, Banff
- Low-dimensional Topology and Number Theory, August 20-26, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Automorphic Forms and Arithmetic, September 3-9, MFO, Oberwolfach
- p-adic Cohomology and Arithmetic Applications, October 1-6, BIRS, Banff
- Interplay between Number Theory and Analysis for Dirichlet Series, October 29-November 4, MFO, Oberwolfach
Entries are no longer being accepted for 2018 or later. Instead, see MathMeetings.