Conferences in Arithmetic Geometry
|Line 120:||Line 120:|
== 2018 ==
== 2018 ==
Entries are no longer being accepted for later. Instead, see [http://mathmeetings.net/ MathMeetings].
Entries are no longer being accepted for
Revision as of 19:51, 25 January 2016
This is a list of upcoming conferences in arithmetic geometry (broadly construed); please help me keep this current. (To prevent spam, one cannot autogenerate login accounts on the wiki; email me with a proposed username to receive a password.) An ideal complete entry includes a conference title, location, dates, and a web site, but incomplete entries (including responsibly sourced rumors!) can also be useful. I sort events primarily by start date, secondarily by end date; the date "January" comes between December 31 and January 1. Past conferences are periodically swept onto the separate list of past conferences.
News (January 2016): Now that the MathMeetings.net project, which provides a more structured approach to tabulating conference data, has gone live, I am planning to wind down the maintenance of this wiki in favor of generating a list dynamically from the MathMeetings database; for a preview, see this RSS feed. My timeline for this is as follows.
- For conferences in 2016, I will continue to update the list as usual. However, instead of directly mailing me conference data, I would prefer that organizers create their own entries on MathMeetings; I will then automatically be notified and can act to update the wiki.
- For conferences in 2017 or later, I will no longer be accepting updates; moreover, I will eliminate the existing entries once they are available in MathMeetings.
- If you create your own entry on MathMeetings, you will receive a link that can be used to edit the posting later. If your conference is posted on MathMeetings but you don't have the link, it is probably because I created the posting myself; in that case, email me for the editing link.
- I may consider retaining this wiki as a "rumors" page for planning purposes; however, I have not yet committed myself to this.
Here are some other conference lists, with overlapping but distinct areas of focus. (I admit to swiping listings from all of these sources; the converse is encouraged!)
- Number Theory Web conferences page: more number theory, less algebraic geometry.
- Ravi Vakil's conference page: more algebraic geometry, less number theory.
- Sarah Whitehouse's conference page: topology. See also AlgTop-Conf and the Topology Atlas.
- Sage wiki: Sage computer algebra development conferences (on various themes).
- IACR: cryptology.
- AMS Mathematics Calendar: general.
As in previous years, I have separated off long programs (two months or longer).
- Complex, p-adic, and logarithmic Hodge theory and their applications, March 6-April 29, Simons Center for Geometry and Physics, Stony Brook
- Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry, July-December 2016, Fields Institute, Toronto
And here is the regular conference list.
- AMS-MAA Joint Meetings: special sessions on Arithmetic Dynamics, Higher Genus Curves, Number Theory and Cryptography, January 6-9, Seattle
- Geometric Methods and Langlands Functoriality in Positive Characteristic, January 11-15, CIRM, Luminy
- Atelier PARI/GP 2016, January 11-15, Institut Fourier, Grenoble
- Indo-French Program for Mathematics, January 11-24, Chennai
- First Joint GAP-Sage Days, January 13-16 (coding sprint), January 18-22 (workshop), St. Andrews
- Complex Algebraic Geometry, January 15-18, UCSD
- Lattices and Applications in Number Theory, January 17-23, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Knowledge representation in mathematical software and databases, January 25-27, St. Andrews
- Hausdorff School: Arithmetic Groups, their Cohomology and Arithmetic Applications, January 25-29, Hausdorff Center, Bonn
- Arithmetic aspects of moduli spaces, January 25-29 (school), February 1-5 (workshop), EPFL, Lausanne
- An introductory Workshop on the Minimal Model Program, February 8-10, Hannover
- Algebraic Geometry for Coding Theory and Cryptography, February 22-26, IPAM, Los Angeles
- L-Functions and Automorphic Forms, February 22-26, Heidelberg
- Recent developments in integral p-adic cohomology theories, February 29-March 3, Hausdorff Center, Bonn
- Automorphic Forms Workshop, March 7-10, Wake Forest U., Winston-Salem
- Arizona Winter School: Analytic Methods in Arithmetic Geometry, March 12-16, Tucson
- re:boot Number Theory 2016, March 17-20, Duke
- Sage Days: Explicit p-adic methods in number theory, March 20-24, Oxford
- 2016 British Mathematical Colloquium (number theory special session), March 21-24, Bristol
- L-Functions and Modular Forms Database, March 21-April 1, Bristol
- Dynamics and Graphs over Finite Fields: Algebraic, Number Theoretic and Algorithmic Aspects, March 29-April 2, CIRM, Luminy
- Algebraisation and Geometrisation in the Langlands Program, March 29-April 1, Bristol
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft: The Geometric Langlands Conjecture, April 3-9, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Explicit Methods in Number Theory (John Cremona 60th), April 4-8, Warwick
- AGNES, April 8-10, Yale
- Diophantische Approximationen, April 10-16, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Moduli spaces and Modular forms, April 24-30, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Algebraic, Tropical, and Nonarchimedean Analytic Geometry of Moduli Spaces, May 1-6, Oaxaca
- Curves over Finite Fields, May 9-20, Utah Valley U.
- Moduli and Automorphic Forms: a Meeting for Women in Mathematics, May 12-14, Humboldt U., Berlin
- Local and Global Methods in Algebraic Geometry (Lawrence Ein 60th), May 12-15, UIC, Chicago
- Pacific Northwest Number Theory Conference, May 14-15, Corvallis
- The Galois theory of orbits in arithmetic dynamics, May 16-20, AIM, San Jose
- The p-adic Langlands program and related topics, May 16-20, Indiana U., Bloomington
- Introduction to Relative Aspects in Representation Theory, Langlands Functoriality and Automorphic Forms, May 16-20, CIRM, Luminy
- Number theory and physics, May 23-25, IHP, Paris
- Relative Trace Formula, Periods, L-functions and Harmonic Analysis, May 23-27, CIRM, Luminy
- Two approaches towards local uniformization and resolution of singularities in characteristic p>0, May 23-27, Institut Mittag-Leffler, Stockholm
- Arakelov theory and automorphic forms (Jürg Kramer 60th), June 6-9, Humboldt U., Berlin
- Cohomology of Arithmetic Groups (Joachim Schwermer 60th), June 6-10, MPIM, Bonn
- Benjamin Peirce Centennial Conference, June 10-12, Harvard
- L-functions and arithmetic (Karl Rubin 60th), June 13-16, Harvard
- Geometry, Algebra, Number Theory, and their Information Technology Applications (Kumar Murty 60th), June 13-16, Fields Inst., Toronto
- Leuca2016 (Michel Waldschmidt 70th), June 13-17, Patù (Lecce), Italy
- Canadian Number Theory Association (CNTA XIV), June 16-18 (graduate summer school), June 20-24 (conference; special session on Richard Guy 100th), U. Calgary
- Algebra and Number Theory, Conference Lyon/Ottawa, June 20-24, Lyon
- New Directions in Iwasawa Theory, June 26-July 1, Banff
- Algebraic K-theory and Motivic Cohomology, June 26-July 2, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Arithmetic and Low Dimensional Hyperbolic Space, June 27-July 1, İstanbul
- Analogies between number field and function field: algebraic and analytic approaches, June 27-July 1, Lyon
- Arithmetic Statistics and the Cohen–Lenstra Heuristics, June 27-July 1, Warwick
- Algebraization theorems: from GAGA to foliations over number fields, July 4-8, Tatihou Island, France
- EAUMP-ICTP School in Number Theory, July 4-22, Kigali, Rwanda
- IUT summit, July 18-27, RIMS, Kyoto
- Whittaker Functions: Number Theory, Geometry and Physics, July 24-29, Banff
- Chip Firing and Tropical Curves (summer graduate workshop), July 25-August 5, MSRI, Berkeley
- Lattices and applications to cryptography and coding theory, August 1-12, Ho Chi Minh City
- Arithmetic Geometry, August 7-13, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Galois Representations and Automorphic Forms, August 14-20, Banach Center, Będlewo
- Motives and complex multiplication, August 15-19, Monte Verità, Switzerland.
- Mathematical Structures for Cryptography, August 22-26, Lorentz Center, Leiden
- Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium (ANTS XII), August 29-September 2, Kaiserslautern
- Higher dimensional algebraic geometry and characteristic p, September 12-16, CIRM, Luminy
- Differential forms in algebraic geometry, September 19-23, Freiburg
- Women in Numbers Europe-2, September 25-October 2, Şirince
- Rational Points and Algebraic Geometry, September 26-30, CIRM, Luminy
- Definability and Decidability Problems in Number Theory, October 23-29, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Analytic Number Theory, November 6-12, MFO, Oberwolfach
As in previous years, I have separated off long programs (two months or longer).
- Unlikely Intersections, Heights, And Efficient Congruencing, January-June 2017, Fields Inst., Toronto
- Analytic number theory, January 17-May 26, MSRI, Berkeley
- Locally Symmetric Spaces: Analytical and Topological Aspects, September 1, 2017-April 30, 2018, IAS, Princeton
And now, the regular conference list.
- Connections for Women: Analytic Number Theory, February 2-3, MSRI, Berkeley
- Introductory Workshop: Analytic Number Theory, February 6-10, MSRI, Berkeley
- Arizona Winter School, March 11-15 (projected), Tucson
- p-adic analytic geometry and differential equations (link broken), March 27-31, CIRM, Luminy
- Hodge theory, Stokes phenomenon, and applications (link broken), April 10-14, CIRM, Luminy
- O-Minimality and its Applications to Number Theory and Analysis, April 30-May 6, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Topical Workshop on Analytic Number Theory, May 1-5, MSRI, Berkeley
- K-theory in algebraic geometry and number theory, May 15-19, Hausdorff Center, Bonn
- Harmonic analysis and the trace formula, May 22-26, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Arithmetic Aspects of Explicit Moduli Problems, May 28-June 2, BIRS, Banff
- Arithmetic, Geometry, Cryptography, and Coding Theory (link broken), June 19-23, CIRM, Luminy
- Automorphic Forms and the Langlands Program (summer graduate school; link broken, possibly spurious), July 24-August 7, MSRI, Berkeley
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, July 31-August 4, Georgia Tech, Atlanta
- Women in Numbers 4, August 13-18, BIRS, Banff
- Low-dimensional Topology and Number Theory, August 20-26, MFO, Oberwolfach
- Automorphic Forms and Arithmetic, September 3-9, MFO, Oberwolfach
- p-adic Cohomology and Arithmetic Applications, October 1-6, BIRS, Banff
- Interplay between Number Theory and Analysis for Dirichlet Series, October 29-November 4, MFO, Oberwolfach
Entries are no longer being accepted for 2018 or later. Instead, see MathMeetings.